The podcast started in late September. The idea was born back in June of 2015. Â I was walking my dog Â Mandy (Golden Retriever) listening to a podcast (Industry Standard with Barry Katz) and thought to myself maybe I can createÂ a podcast. Then I had this long discussion with myself for a few months that yes I can and no I can’t. Â Then one day I downloaded free recording software to my iPad and Medic2Medic was born.
Below are some of the originalÂ goals that sketched out:
- Start an EMS Podcast, that talks to the providers and industry leaders. Check.
- Learn how to be a Podcaster. In Progress.
- Publish a podcast. Check (Thanks to my first guest Paramedic Greg Edwards from Cary Area EMS). Check.
- Find a platform. Â Thanks to Spreaker.com,Â FacebookÂ and StitcherÂ .Â Check.
- Be part of theÂ iTunesÂ family. Â This was big accomplishment for me. Â Check.
- Find a sponsor or sponsors. In Progress.
- Website. Check.
- Blog. Â Check.
- Ask Randolph Mantooth to be a guest. Check
I can’t believe it for theÂ 30th podcast episode, Randolph Mantooth will be my guest. Â It was dream came true. Â I have watched every episode of Emergency a few times. Â Our conversation was fantastic and Mr. Mantooth wasÂ entertaining and also provided interesting commentary on today’s state of EMS.Â Â When you listen you may hear that I might have been a little excited. Â Look for the 30thÂ podcast this Monday.